Rocket III Roadster. For when too much is never enough.
2.3 liters. 163 ft.lbs of torque. Blacked out. Blinged up. Streetfighting cruiser. Hard. The Rocket III Roadster is not normal, it is very, very extraordinary. No other motorcycle on the planet comes close to delivering the tree-pulling levels of torque that comes as standard with the turbine-like triple. Twist and go. Sounds great, stops great. Standard ABS. Classic streetfighter looks. Are you 'bad' enough for the Rocket III Roadster?
The engine. What an engine. With 2,294cc of pure muscle delivering 146bhp at 5,750 rpm and 163ft.lbs the Roadster accelerates like nothing else. Smooth and balanced with minimal torque reaction.
Of course, such an engine requires a quality chassis and the Rocket III Roadster doesn’t disappoint. High quality chassis components include 43mm upside down forks and standard anti-lock brakes, while the Roadster’s ergonomics have been developed to put the rider in total control.
As you’d expect from a top-of-the-range machine, the Rocket III Roadster features a comprehensive instrumentation package, delivered neatly in the classic twin clock design.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 2294cc
- Bore/Stroke: 101.6 x 94.3mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with twin butterflies and progressive linkage on primary butterflies
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 into 2, large volume catalysts in front of chrome-plated exhaust
- Final Drive: Shaft
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed constant mesh
- Oil Capacity: 5.9 liters (1.6 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel, twin spine
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, steel (houses drive shaft)
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5 spoke, 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5 spoke, 16 x 7.5in
- Front Tire: 150/80 R17
- Rear Tire: 240/50 R16
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 43mm upside down forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba black spring twin shocks with 5 position adjustable preload, 105mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston fixed calipers, Nissin ABS system
- Rear Brakes: Single 316mm fixed disc, Brembo 2-piston floating caliper, Nissin ABS system
- Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer featuring LCD odometer, trip information, clock and analogue tachometer featuring fuel level indicator, gear position indicator
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2500 mm (98.3 in)
- Width (handlebars): 970mm (38.2in)
- Height without mirrors: 1165mm (45.8in)
- Seat Height: 750mm (29.5in)
- Wheelbase: 1695mm (66.7in)
- Rake/Trail: 32°/148mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 24 liters (6.3 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 367 kg (807 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 148PS / 146bhp / 109 kW @ 5750rpm
- Maximum Torque: 221Nm / 163 ft.lbs @ 2750rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 29 MPG City / 45 MPG Highway
- Brakes: The Rocket III Roadster features a sophisticated anti-lock braking system that makes 100 calculations each second to ensure the rider retains full control under extreme braking.
- Suspension: Menacingly blacked out 43mm upside down forks offer precise steering while twin shock absorbers at the rear provide a comfortable and composed ride one-up or two.
- Chassis: With its blacked out components, the Rocket III Roadster oozes menace and quality in equal doses.
- Engine: The Rocket III Roadster features the most powerful version yet of the incomparable 2.3 liter, in-line, water cooled, triple.