The Bonneville. Say no more.
The most famous name in motorcycling. A legend. Over 50 years of engineering excellence. A thoroughly modern interpretation of the authentic 'proper' motorcycle. This iconic symbol of rebellion and independence is even more appealing now thanks to its modern specification, low seat, clean fuel-injected 865cc engine and lightweight 17 inch alloys for even sharper handling. Stirs the heart, not the wallet.
- Looks: Bonneville. Reinvented. Timeless, classic looks.
- Engine: 865cc air-cooled DOHC parallel twin 360 degree firing interval. Bags of character.
- Handling: Low centre of gravity. Accessible low 29.1 inch seat height. 17 inch alloy wheels all make for great easy handling.
- Sound: Authentic and stylish megaphone silencers recall an era of gentlemen racers.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 360º firing interval
- Capacity: 865cc
- Bore/Stroke: 90 x 68mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel headers, twin chromed upswept silencers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Oil Capacity: 4.5 litres (1.2 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy, 7-spoke, 17 x 3.0 inch
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminium alloy, 7-spoke, 17 x 3.5 inch
- Front Tire: 110/70 R17
- Rear Tire: 130/80 R17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 41mm forks, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 100mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Single 310mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer with odometer, clock and trip information
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2115 mm (83.2 in)
- Width (handlebars): 790 mm (31.1 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1130 mm (44.5 in)
- Seat Height: 740 mm (29.1 in)
- Wheelbase: 1490 mm (58.6 in)
- Rake/Trail: 27º/106 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 16 litres (4.2 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 225 kg (495 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 68PS / 67bhp / 50 kW @ 7500rpm
- Maximum Torque: 68Nm / 50 ft.lbs @ 5800rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 43 MPG City / 57 MPG Highway
Fuel Efficiency estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle conducted under ideal laboratory conditions. Actual mileage may vary based upon personal riding habits, weather, vehicle condition, and other factors.