This truly impressive middleweight street motorcycle has been acclaimed by critics around the world. The all-new 2013 model is even punchier, better balanced and more exhilarating.
The new chassis has a more dynamic specification, giving you agility and precision while keeping you planted, and better weight distribution and geometry give you an athletic, responsive ride.
The heart of the Street Triple is the throbbing 675cc triple, delivering 106PS and 68Nm of torque. It’s so good you’ll have trouble believing its only 675cc. The torque and sound of the liquid cooled 12 valve triple, combined with a close ratio six speed gearbox produce an exciting ride, and the under-engine silencer helps lower the centre gravity and improve handling.
It looks even better too, with stylish brushed metal finishes, aggressive headlights and a choice of colored coded styling accessories complementing the dark powder coated engines and frames.
- Dynamic Chassis: Defining the new Street Triple’s aggressive new look is the all-new frame. Incorporating a high-pressure die-cast rear subframe for increased rigidity. Not only is the chassis robust and hard-edged, it’s also advanced. Designed to optimize dynamism, agility and rider enjoyment, the light-weight design and lower center of gravity gives you the stability and confidence for an incredible riding experience.
- Low Mounted Exhaust: Street Triple features a low-mounted stainless steel 3 into 1 exhaust system with a low single-sided silencer. This new design reduces the centre of gravity for an exceptionally agile and exhilarating riding experience.
- Switchable ABS: Brake with confidence and you can cope with the unexpected. On the Street Triple are state-of-the-art Anti-Lock Brakes that can cope with even the hardest braking. And because the ABS system is switchable, it can be easily deactivated whenever necessary via the instrument panel – it will then automatically re-activate when the bike is re-started.
- 675 Triple Engine: The throbbing heart of the Triumph Street Triple is the 675cc liquid-cooled triple. Revving to 12,650rpm, the engine delivers excellent performance and the unmistakable unique sound of a Triumph triple. Combining the benefits of low down torque and high rev performance, the triple engine truly defines its athletic spirit.
- Styling: With hard-edged street looks, exposed engine, unmistakable twin headlamps and low mounted silencer this is a pure riders bike. A striking new wheel design reduces un-sprung mass which improves dynamics and agility. The all-new Street Triple is available in Phantom Black, Crystal White, and Caribbean Blue.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 675 cc
- Bore/Stroke: 74.0 x 52.3 mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 exhaust system low single sided stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive: O ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate.
- Gearbox: 6-speed, close ratio
- Oil Capacity: 3.4 litres (0.9 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Front - Aluminum beam twin spar. Rear - 2 piece high pressure die cast
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, cast aluminium alloy
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 3.5 in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 5.5 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire: 180/55 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: Kayaba 41mm upside down forks with 110 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Kayaba monoshock with 124.5 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310mm floating discs, Nissin 2-piston sliding calipers. (Switchable ABS model available)
- Rear Brakes: Single 220mm disc, Brembo single piston caliper. (Switchable ABS model available)
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2055 mm (80.8 in)
- Width (handlebars): 740 mm (29.1 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1060 mm (41.7 in)
- Seat Height: 800 mm (31.5 in)
- Wheelbase: 1410 mm (55.5 in)
- Rake/Trail: 24.1º/99.6 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 17.4 litres (4.6 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 182 kg (400 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 106 PS / 105 bhp / 78 kW @ 11850 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 68 Nm / 50 ft.lbs @ 9750 rpm